PhD students who join the IMPRS for Quantum Science and Technology will be part of a large community, establish networks, and have their thesis work complemented by an educational program. The curriculum consists of:
- Four courses on QST (1st and 2nd year of PhD)
- Annual Summer School (every year)
- Regular seminars (organized by students)
- Soft-skills and interdisciplinary training
- International research stay: 1-3 months
List of courses for the Curriculum
The complete list of courses recognized for the IMPRS-QST curriculum includes lectures and seminars that are regularly taught at MPQ/LMU/TUM, supplememented by additional ones with a more specialized QST focus.
The second list contains the courses for the upcoming term.
Further links to course catalogues at TUM and LMU
Tutoring and Supervision
IMPRS-QST students receive an exceptional tutoring on many levels. Through contact with many different PIs from early on, our PhD students have experts who can assist and support them in their research and education. The elements of the IMPRS-QST tutoring are:
- Regular meetings with supervisor and co-supervisor
- A Thesis Advisory Board matched to the student's specific research profile
- Yearly progress report